The C3 anemometer is an improved version of the popular 3-cup design used to measure wind speed, and it is manufactured to the precise industrial standards.
• The uncalibrated C3 anemometer is a great choice for the customers with their own calibration capabilities and needs or who want the highest quality at a lower cost. The manufacturing process and build quality is exactly the same for both of them
• The accuracy of C3 anemometer lies within 0.1 m/s (0.2mph) for the range 5 m/s to 25 m/s (11mph to 55mph).
• This anemometer produces standard AC output with the frequency proportional to the cup rotational speed.
Quality and Reliability:
• The SWI C3 anemometer is made entirely of Lexan, a strong plastic that makes it less likely to break during installation.
• The rotor and sensor base of C3 anemometer is made of tough polycarbonate for exceptional durability and reliability, hence making it more resistant to damage during installation.
• A distinctive blue vinyl boot shield wiring for long-term performance.
• The C3 anemometers are manufactured with exceptional quality control meeting new standards- all units are tested mechanically and electronically before shipping.
Transfer function: Wind speed (m/s) (Hz x 0.776) + 0.324 / Wind speed (mph) (Hz x 1.714) + 0.725
Accuracy: Within 0.1 m/s For range 5 m/s to 25 m/s / Within 0.2 mph For range 11mph to 55mph
This anemometer is often used for wind resource assessment for wind turbines where calibration certificates are not needed, they are 1% accuracy and have a resolution better than 0.1m/s to match the IEC-61400-12 standards for wind measurement and wind turbine performance analysis.
This product is compatible with LeNETmobile