Contrary to current belief, not only is the cost of monitoring minimal in comparison to the five or six figure sums required to install your turbine; it can also make a critical impact on the return on your investment.
The trick is in matching your specific wind profile with the right wind turbine for you; there are a whole host of factors involving wind speed, temperature, turbulence, direction and shear that affect this decision. Different wind turbines have different wind speed efficiency profiles. A common mistake is for investors and wind turbine resellers is to think that they can make accurate calculations by using wind atlases, computed model data based on over 100 meter height wind mast towers, or simply no data at all.
The MATHS: A very small change, (1.1mph) 0.5m/s (metres per second) 8% on the wind speed can result on a 70% loss of energy production on the long term.
The new LeWL WindLogger has been manufactured since 2008. We have sold thousands of these little wind data loggers all over the world and they have an excellent reputation for their stability, accuracy and endurance.
The new WindLogger has been re-designed with major enhancements, thanks to the small wind enthusiastic community. We have listened to their feedback and have made several improvements: Simpler than ever installation, just plug the Pro-D anemometer into the internal 6P4C connector. If you use any other type of anemometer, that is ok too. You can connect it directly to its internal sensor input connection block. Automatic anemometer detection system. The new WindLogger will let you know if there's an anemometer connected and working before leaving site.
Option for external temperature probe
Built-in battery monitor
Outstanding battery life up to 1 year at 1 minute logging interval or 2 years at 10 minutes intervals
- Record wind speeds from up to 2 anemometers simultaneously - Average wind speed, gust wind speed and standard deviation (turbulence) and wind direction
- Input for external temperature probe
- Up to 1 year of battery life recording 1 minute data or up to 3 years battery life recording in 10 minutes intervals. (10 seconds available for testing purposes)>- Time-stamped data recorded to microSD card in standard CSV format for import into Excel or wind analysis software. Includes all sensor values, plus battery status.- Simple analysis tools included. (excel template for your manipulation or Java app)
- Fully weatherproof IP65 rated enclosure
SD card memory storage
- Files in standard CSV ASCII format, archived into monthly files
- Records average, standard deviation and maximum values
- Data recorded with date and time stamp
- microSD flash card FAT32
Four sensor inputs
- Log two anemometers at once (2 digital inputs)- Supports dry contact (volt-free) switch, Hall effect switch, open collector or 3V logic level signal Wind speed input
- Potentiometer type wind direction sensor, 1k - 20k ohms.
- Support for external temperature sensor
Serial port to interface with PC
- RS232 compatible for reading values while logging data
- Setup menu via serial port or via SD card
- Custom sensor factor setup via RS232
- Operating Temperature -40*C to + 70*C (check with us first for extreme weather applications)
- Sealed IP65 enclosure with gland for sensor wires
- Dimensions: 160x80x55mm
- Weight: 450gm including batteries
The new WindTracker is one of the simplest to use wind site assessment tools out there, yet it shares the high specification of the more advanced new WindLogger.
The new WindTracker automatically measures all the wind statistics for you. Just connect the wind sensor and let the Windtracker run. (No setup required if sensor bought from us)
When you are ready to collect the information, just pop in the microSD card (supplied with the logger) and the WindTracker will transfer all of its data statistics to a simple text file on the memory card. Upload this file to our FREE online reporting tool and you'll have a simple yet very informative wind report for small scale wind turbines.
- Please note that there's a previous version of the WindTracker which we have limited stock only.
Logic energy GSM & GPRS enabled 14 channel Datalogger used for live remote monitoring. Data is automatically sent every 10 minutes to the Logic Energy web portal, a fully automated and managed remote cloud application.
Connect your sensors, power up the system and that is all you need to start getting data. Set up takes typically less than 3 min
• Fast data - GSM communications every 10 minutes
• Set your own alert functions
• Limit visits to site by monitoring battery, power supply, GSM and sensor status via remote web portal
• Save time with the special quick Wind report function already installed on Logic Energy web portal
• No software required on your computer to setup GSM data logger, just a web browser
• Robust and long lasting due to very low power consumption and good quality manufacturing in the Scotland
• Keep a track of your sites via Geo map location
Every GSM Wind data logger comes with
• Internet GSM 14 channel data logger & remote Logic Energy web portal access
• Sim with 1 year contract included
• AC Power supply
• GSM Antenna
• Free Shipping with this product
You can find more video tutorials here